Assela Pathirana was invited by Bureau Veritas (https://www.bureauveritas.com/) Bangladesh to deliver a seminar to its management team on the topic of adaptive planning. The title of the seminar was “Sustainable Cities, Urban Water System, Climate Change and How Corporations can join in”
The seminar held on 09 September 2019 at the board room of Bureau Veritas Consumer Product Services (BVCPS), Dhaka office, covered the following topics:
- The current water management challenges in the world and Bangladesh
- Adaptive planning as a solution for rapid changes in the water and Deltaic systems
- How Corporations can be a part of the solutions for future water challenges.
Among the services provided by BVCPS to client companies are Sustainability solutions and Corporate Social Responsibility management. In this context some collaborative opportunities like using CSR initiatives to open up new opportunities to support sustainable water solutions like the following were discussed:
- Create pilot projects on (urban) green solutions (e.g. Sustainable Drainage Systems)
- Helping companies to address sustainability issues in the context of adaptive delta management.
- Collaborate on helping corporate sector in Bangladesh to improve sustainable water and environment management practices.